Friday 5 June 2009

A day of things and that

Hello!

Yes, I know it has been several weeks since I last posted, but I have a very good reason for this.


Anyway, yesterday I was up at university in order to attend my three lectures for the day. The first was a lecture about how to teach children to respect what crazy people think, which is known in teaching circles as ‘R.E.’
As R.E. is the most pointless subject in the word, I decided to spend the hour and a half sleeping with my eyes open. Here’s a hint for anyone who is ever on a teaching course, if you ever get asked a question and you didn’t hear it or don’t know the answer, just say ‘inclusion’ as 80% of the time that will be a satisfactory answer.

Did you know that teachers will often miss out R.E. in order to get extra time for other lessons? I think that’s a great idea.

Our lecture on the teaching was cancelled so I went to the dining room to pick up some wheat-based snacks. I chatted briefly with Margaret, nodded to Chris The Praying Mantis Lady, and then headed off to the computer room for a couple of hours.

After lunch I had a geography lecture. As geography lectures go, it was a good one. Unfortunately the geography lady looks exactly like this:


Which can be a little off-putting.

My last lecture was Design & technology, and we were split into four groups and told to build the tallest tower using newspaper and sticky tape. Our group clearly won, which sent Jason into paroxysms of rage. I continued to goad him until he snapped, demolished his tower like an infuriated Godzilla, and then elbowed Becca in the nose. Hilarity ensued. My group managed to build the tower, which if you want to know what it looks like, imagine the Eiffel Tower only made of newspaper and taller. That’s what ours was like.

I saw three legends that day, I saw Betfred Man shuffling about, as well as Scrunched Face Lack of Hat Man walking purposefully somewhere, and then at the end of the day both Stephen and me saw What a Strange Man walking towards the university. All in all it was a good day.


Fun Fact

Marc Warren’s favourite fruit is cherry, but he has never eaten one.

1 comment: